Fact: More than half of Americans are limited by foot pain
According to a poll taken by the American Podiatric Medical Association in March of 2014, 51 percent of Americans say foot pain limits their activities, including walking, working and/or working out. That’s not the only astonishing fact: eight out of 10 Americans have experienced a foot problem that has impacted their quality of life. That’s a hefty fraction.
To find more information regarding the specifics of foot pain, check out the chart below:
Other interesting findings from the survey include the following:
- High heels are the number one culprit when it comes to foot pain. Sorry ladies! (By the way, we also found out that the average woman polled in the survey owns nine pairs of high heels!)
- There is a strong correlation between foot pain and problems in other areas of the body. These problems include weight gain, back pain and pain in the joints.
- Over half of each gender (of those Americans polled) experience regular pain while walking and standing for long periods of time.
- 29 percent of those polled use over-the-counter insoles. On the other hand, 10 percent use doctor-prescribed orthotics to manage the pain.
- 47 percent want to know where to seek help for foot pain/ailments that they experience (only half of those who suffer from regular foot pain actually contact a podiatrist or doctor)
- Self-medication has increased in practice (up 10 percent) since the last poll was conducted in 2010 (which is no surprise after reading number five in the above list!)
Are you one of the millions of Americans who suffer from foot pain, perhaps you should consider the possibility of having developed a bunion. If that’s the case, Bunion Bootie might be able to help you out.
Bunion Bootie has been found to relieve bunion-sufferers of foot pain and bunion humiliation in the following ways:
- Bunion Bootie provides a low profile that fits in any shoe
- Bunion Bootie was easy for patients to apply
- Bunion Bootie is extremely comfortable and does not compress the first MTP joint
- Bunion Bootie addresses both the longitudinal and transverse arch issues, where first ray dysfunction and deformity originate
- Bunion Bootie supports the joint and encompasses the foot, providing a potential proprioceptive benefit.
Bunion Bootie was established in 2011 by a small group of bunion sufferers who came together in search for an effective non-surgical treatment for bunions. And now they’ve found it.
Bunion Bootie is the perfect answer for people who must stay on their feet for prolonged periods of time. Bunion irritation, if left untreated, can result in blisters, swelling, tenderness and bursitis. At only 0.4mm thick, Bunion Booties fit comfortably in just about any shoe (including high heels and running shoes). On top of that, the foot brace is made with odor- and bacteria-resistant materials.